Friday, July 27, 2007

Himesh Reshammiya Exposed On Koffee With Karan

Love him or loath him, but you cant ignore him.... Yes I am talking about the Nasal Wonder Himesh Reshammiya who will make an appearance in Koffee With Karan this Sunday. The singer/song-writer/actor gets candid and here are some excerpts.

Karan Johar: Firstly, congratulations on the super success of your film (Aap Kaa Surroor). I know a large section of the industry was surprised. Were you expecting this kind of success?

Himesh: I just believed in God, destiny and somewhere, I think everyone just prayed for me. That is something that worked for me.

Karan: By everyone, you mean who, large sections of the industry were not praying for you...

Himesh: No, no... Only that one percent of people just felt that this can not happen, a singer not a very good looking guy...

Karan: As in, not conventional looking... not hero material?

Himesh: I think you are being nice to me. But it was something that was unprecedented when the film started. People did say, 'Paagal ho gaya hai.' I understand. But when the film was declared a hit, people realised.

Karan: There were particular people, who were somehow targeting you. Is there anyone kind of person that you felt resentment towards?

Himesh: No. I do not feel resentment towards anyone because when you try something which is unprecedented then people are going to... until you prove it. When the film released, it was declared a hit. Many people called me and congratulated me. They said that they felt it wouldn't work so it's just that I was doing something new, something different. It takes time to accept something that is unconventional.

Karan: Have you heard that behind your back, there are other singers who are making fun of you
Himesh: Yes, of course. Why not? But, you know, when they meet me, kitne composers ke saath milne ka mauka milta hain pehli baar. Phir woh opinion badal dete hain.

Karan: But you keep very quiet about your wife. You don't talk about her?

Himesh: Because she is a very simple girl.

Karan: It's not that you feel that your image gets affected?

Himesh: No, the first time when I was asked whether I was married, I said yes.

Karan: And you have a son?

Himesh: Yes, I have a son.

Karan: What's his name?

Himesh: Swayam.

Watch Himesh Reshammiya on Koffee with Karan on Sunday 29 july

No comments: